Fun for the Whole Family
The Global Family Reunion – coming June 6, 2015 – is the biggest, most extraordinary and most inclusive family reunion in history. It will be a Family Reunion meets a World’s Fair meets a Music Festival meets a TED conference.
Come meet fascinating cousins you never knew you had — and learn about how we’re building a Family Tree of the entire Human Race.
Come to the event for a good time and to support a good cause: The fight against Alzheimer’s.
Tons of activities for cousins of all ages
The New York Hall of Science has 450 hands-on, interactive exhibits that will be open to Global Family Reunion attendees. Here’s a sampling:
- A mini-golf course with an interplanetary theme.
- A Science playground that includes slides, climbing nets, fog machines and a giant lever.
- An amphitheater that will host talks, films and presentations related to ancestry and family.
- An arm-wrestling machine.
- A Design Lab where you can create movies, build structures and 3-D print objects.
- Rocket Park, where you can see Gemini Titan II, Mercury Capsule and more.
- A Sports Challenge exhibit, including pitching cage where a radar gun will measure the speed of your throws, and a surfing simulator.
- And hundreds of other attractions.
In addition to all that fun, there will also be:
- World’s Biggest Family Photo
- Family-Themed Scavenger Hunt by Watson Adventures
- Talent contest
- Meet and Greet Historical Cousins (we’ll have several impersonators, including George Washington)
- On-the-spot Genealogy where you can try to figure out how you are related to every else
- Biggest Ever Visual Family Tree
- Family Trivia Pub Quiz
- Sack races, tug-of-war and other games
- Storytelling workshops
- Sing-a-long with Sister Sledge, who will be belting out “We Are Family.”