Here are some ideas on how to help spread the word:
Like/follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+!
Mention the GFR on your Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter and other social media accounts.
Use the hashtags #weareallcousins and #GlobalFamilyReunion on Twitter.
Write about the Global Family Reunion on your blog.
“Like” and “Share” posts that are made from the official GFR Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Invite your friends to “Like” and “Follow” us on Facebook and Twitter.
Invite people to subscribe to our GFR blog.
If you belong to any clubs, groups or societies, let them know about the Global Family Reunion.
Get your whole family involved!
Join our GFR Volunteers Facebook group.
- Bookmark this page – as new press comes out we’ll be adding more links that you can share!
Want to tweet but aren’t sure what to say? Here are some examples (feel free to copy/paste them!):
- So, apparently, I’m related to some guy who thinks it’s a good idea to have a family reunion in the middle of New York City in June! #GFR2015
- I’m a cousin of A.J. Jacobs, and so are you! I’m meeting him at the Global Family Reunion, would you like to come along? #GFR2015
- What do you mean you aren’t related to AJ Jacobs? Isn’t everybody? Join the Global Family and find out how! https://globalfamilyreunion.com #GFR2015
- Bringing the world together, one person at a time. Join us for the Global Family Reunion on June 6, 2015 in New York City! #GFR2015
- The GFR is all about pride in our ancestry. Rich or poor, average or extraordinary, our ancestors are the reasons why we are family. #GFR2015
- Losing your grandparents is personal. Losing their memories is global. Help find a cure for Alzheimers at the Global Family Reunion. #GFR2015
- Losing your keys is annoying. Losing your memory is a tragedy. Help us find a cure for Alzheimers at the Global Family Reunion.#GFR2015
- I lost a relative to Alzheimers, but my cousins and I are helping to find a cure at the Global Family Reunion. Please join us!#GFR2015
- So, we’re all cousins, right? That means there aren’t going to be any parents around, so let’s party at the Global Family Reunion! #GFR2015
Here is some of the great press we’ve received to share on your social media sites:
THE NEW YORK TIMES
The Brian Lehrer Show: https://www.wnyc.org/story/are-you-related-j-jacobs/
OnPoint with Tom Ashbrook: https://onpoint.wbur.org/2014/02/13/genealogy-family-tree-cousins
JAMES ALTUCHER SHOW
If you have any questions or suggestions please email Eowyn, our Cousin Coordinator at email@example.com.