GFR Holiday Photo Throwdown
The Global Family Reunion (GFR) Team is holding its first ever “I Am A Cousin” Holiday Photo Throwdown. We want to see how all our cousins celebrate the holiday season. Throwdown winners will receive some amazing prizes!
How it Works:
There are six photo categories that the GFR Team will consider:
- Most Creative Cousin Photo
- Most Holiday-ish Cousin Photo (either Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Solstice, or what have you)
- Best Dressed Cousin Photo (either fancy clothes or costumes)
- Oddest Place for a Cousin Photo
- Farthest-Flung Cousin Photo (measured from New York City)
- Most Cousins in a Single photo
We’ll pick our top 5 favorites in each category and those photos will be posted to the Global Family Reunion Facebook page where people will have a week to vote for their favorites in each category.
The submitters of the 3 photos that receives the most votes overall will win:
- 1st Place (Photo with the highest number of votes): MyHeritage Bundle (PremiumPlus subscription and Data Subscription – $240) and their photo will be included in AJ’s next book
- 2nd Place (Photo with the second highest number of votes): MyHeritage PremiumPlus Subscription ($120)
- 3rd Place (Photo with the third highest number of votes): A Geni Pro account ($119.40).
The submitters of the photos with the highest votes in each category will receive a signed copy of one of AJ Jacobs’ books and a Global Family Reunion bumper sticker.
All photo submissions will be entered in a random drawing. The winner of the drawing will win an “Enjoy Genealogy” hooded sweatshirt courtesy of WikiTree.com.
The winning photos will also be featured on our Global Family Reunion blog.
How to Enter:
- During this holiday season take a family photo(s) that shows how you and your family/friends celebrate. Keep in mind the six categories the GFR Team will be looking for.
- Submit your photo(s) to email@example.com by 11:59pm, Friday January 9th, 2015 EST.
- Photos must include a sign that says “I Am A Cousin”.
- Photos must be submitted by 11:59pm, Friday January 9th, 2015 EST to qualify.
- Obscene or otherwise inappropriate images will not be included.
Here are some examples to get you going!
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST
TERM: The Global Family Reunion “I Am A Cousin” Holiday Photo Throwdown (“Contest”) will run from December 9th, 2014 through 11:59 pm Friday, January 9th, 2015 EST.
DISQUALIFICATION: Your entry will be disqualified if
(a) It is received after 11:59pm Friday, January 9th, 2015 EST.
(b) It does not include an “I Am A Cousin” sign.
(c) It contains obscene or otherwise inappropriate images.
SELECTION OF WINNERS: The Global Family Reunion Team will choose their 5 favorite photos in each of the 6 categories.. Those 30 photos will be posted in albums on the GFR Facebook page on Monday, January 12th, 2015. People will then be given a chance to vote on which ones they like the best by “liking” them via the Facebook page. The photo in each category that receives the most votes by Monday, January 19th at Noon EST, will win for the category. The three photos that receive the most votes overall will win the top three prizes. The Winners will be announced on the GFR blog on Wednesday, January 21st, 2015.
Return of prize notification as “undeliverable” will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected.
NOTIFICATION: The winner will be notified by e-mail sent to the e-mail address used in their photo submission. The Global Family Reunion is under no obligation to notify winners by any means other than e-mail. The Global Family Reunion is not responsible for notifications that are misdirected or not received because of e-mail addresses or mailing addresses that are no longer correct. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during three (3) business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate winner selected. Any prize notification or prize returned as undeliverable will result in the awarding of that prize to an alternate winner.
REDEMPTION: The GFR Team will deliver the prize as follows: Once a prizewinner responds to the notification from the Team, we will contact the winner to arrange for delivery of the prize to the prizewinner.
CONDITIONS: By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold the Global Family Reunion and all prize suppliers harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or any product purchased, or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, whether suffered by you or a third party. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Global Family Reunion Team and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Contest Rules. All decisions regarding the Contest, including, but not limited to, selecting winners and usage of submitted photos, will be made by the Global Family Reunion Team whose decisions shall be final.